March 2022 has been good.
For a couple of weeks I’ve been going back and forth if I would publish the March 2022 monthly review or not. Because I don’t know if it’s worth my time and yours. I lost steam but as I do my monthly reflection, I realised it wasn’t so bad at all. Besides, I’ve been doing this since 2021 January and I didn’t want to break the chain.
That’s why I would like to highlight losing steam and share a couple of tips on how to deal with it.
Keep reading and find out what you can do to keep going when you’re losing steam. You can skip ahead straight to “What I want to remember” if you’re pressed with time. Just click on that topic below.
- What I’m thankful for (March 2022)
- What I want to remember in March 2022
- March 2022 Goals and Projects (Updates)
- What I’ve Completed
- Intention for April 2022
- What’s next?
- Monthly Review Related Blog Posts
DISCLOSURE: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links which means I receive a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase using those links. See my full Disclaimer here.
But March 2022 was all over the place. I felt like I’ve been doing a lot but I only got 2 tangible outcomes to show for it. One blog post and one printable for the shop.
I ran out of steam in the remaining 2.5 weeks of the month. The latest post of my Money Mindfulness Project was only published last week, so I need to pick up my speed before I get too far behind.
In March 2022, I only finished 2 things:
- 1 Blog Post: Personal Finance Plan in 5 Steps
- 1 Printable Personal Finance Planner (that has been in my “progress folder” in months)
The Personal Finance blog post will be the last one for now in Money Mindfulness category until Quarter 3 of 2022. It has been a while since I published the 7 Steps Weekly Planning Process for Maximum Productivity. So, I’m switching to Intentional Productivity for Quarter 2 (April- June).
If you don’t have the Free Money Trackers yet, go ahead and click the image below.
What I’m thankful for (March 2022)
My March 2022 Gratitude List
Even though I felt that March 2022 was slow and unproductive, now that I’m doing my reflection, I realised that last month was not so bad at all.
My gratitude list for March 2022 continues:
- R and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. I will always be grateful for having this man in my life. He is my rock, my partner in everything, my cheer leader, and chat buddy.
- Video chat with Ness Love. (I’ve always been awkward being on photos and videos. So this was the first). I’m grateful for the gentle encouragement from Ness who’s the master of Zen(fulness) (is that a word?) in my book.
- The weather in Melbourne is getting cold and kids have been in school. I’m grateful they haven’t caught any bug. Healthy kids Happy Mumma.
What I want to remember in March 2022
Last month, I lost steam for 2.5 weeks. Naturally I felt I’ve done nothing.
Has that happened to you? You started strong and then suddenly you’re out of steam.
When you feel like you’re not making progress, it’s demotivating isn’t it?
There are two possible scenarios you’ll do when this happens.
- Brush off that feeling and keep going at the earliest chance you find.
- Avoid the situation and just leave things be until you are too far behind to keep up.
First scenario is so hard to do but satisfying once you are out of that “demotivated” zone. The second scenario though is so easy to do but so painful. I feel that it drags me down for too long if I don’t watch it.
How to keep the momentum
Here are a couple of things that worked for me and maybe they will too for you.
- Keep a done list
- Have an accountability partner
If you haven’t done this yet, I suggest to try a done list for 30 days or maybe 7 days if one month is too much. Everyday, write down what you’ve done. It should not take too much time because you’re just quickly taking notes of what you have accomplished everyday.
This is so helpful because whenever you are feeling low, you can look at the list and all the things you’ve done so far will instantly make you feel better.
Having an accountability partner (or partners) is so valuable when you’re trying to achieve your goals. For me having R (my husband) as an accountability partner helped me achieved more than I could imagine.
In business, I have Dee. We met last year and we instantly clicked and became biz accountability buddies. (of course it goes beyond business, we are like soul sisters now).
Knowing that you have to update someone for your progress because they are also counting on you for their motivation is hands down the best strategy I find in terms of keeping the momentum.
March 2022 Goals and Projects (Updates)
Yearly Goals Check-in
|YEARLY GOALS||PROGRESS SO FAR|
|Publish 52 Blog Posts||Published 10 blog posts as of March 2022|
|Read 12 Physical Books||Read 2 books as of March 2022 and currently reading 3rd|
|List 32 Etsy Products||Listed 44 products as of end of March 2022|
Reading Progress (I’ve read these books before I started blogging but I just want to go through them again)
- One Thing by Gary Keller
- Essentialism by Greg Mckeown
- Currently reading: The Barefoot Investor and you can check it out here.
Quarterly Goals Check-in
|QUARTERLY GOALS||PROGRESS SO FAR|
|Q1: Money Mindfulness||Done (to continued in the Q3)|
|Q2: intentional Productivity||in progress|
Read more about Money Mindfulness.
- Sleep: Oh my!!!! I need to refocus on this one. In March, I slept beyond 1:30 am far too many times I didn’t even bother counting. My only consolation is that I didn’t go beyond 3:00 am.
- Still napping in the afternoon
- Water intake is still good. I drink more than 2 x 375 ml daily and I also went back to drinking Japanese green tea.
Good habits I’m keeping
- Write done list every day
- Spend 5 minutes no more than 10 minutes to maintain my digital files
- Sleep before 1:30 am
- Daily writing for at least 10 Minutes (but I go over 10 minutes sometimes, about 1 to 2 hours depending on the energy I have and time)
Family and Home
Collected 11 bags of items around our home to give away to charity (total of 19 bags since January 2022)
Blog and Shops
Progress on Blog Post and Etsy Listing:
- Published 1 blog posts and listed 1 Etsy product.
- Etsy listing miles tone of 40 products – achieved in February 2022 (listed 38th products)
- Listed 43rd listing on Etsy as of March 2022.
What I’ve Completed
One of my big goals in 2022 is to publish 52 blog posts by the end of December 2022. I fell behind in March but that’s ok.
Published Blog Post in March 2022:
While I try to focus on just a few things every month, I also have some tasks that are going on the background. These are tasks and projects that are also important for my business but they can be done when I have time. That said I try to schedule them so they are not totally forgotten.
Website improvement commenced. I’m planning to do this bit by bit so I can focus more on content and product creation. So far, I have:
- updated my Home Page (happy with it, at least for now)
- changed the layout and images of categories in the Blog ( happy with it, at least for now) All links updated- done in March
- updated a little bit of the About Page — nothing get done in the about page. instead I improved the layout of the ieSHOP
Oh my gosh!!!! I’ve done it finally. I cleaned up my Mac and now I have a nice digital workspace. The intention of doing this is to make me work more efficiently and effectively.
Still on paper category with Konmari Project but we’re slowly getting rid of items that don’t spark joy around the home.
However, I started the Kitchen category just a little bit because the cupboards haven’t been edited in the last 6 months.
Intention for April 2022
My intention for March was to to Keep at it. Looks like I didn’t ( as I hoped for) so the intention is April is to stay in my line with the blinders on and keep going.
I intend to keep the momentum and keep moving forward.
Thank you for reading. I hope that by doing this I’m able to inspire you in any way even in the smallest way possible.
Living with intention has been a game changer for me and my family and I hope you’ll continue to stick around so we can grow together.
My Quarter 1 Money Mindfulness Project has ended in March and will continue later in the year. If you missed the blog posts you can find them here under Money Mindfulness category.
My next project for Quarter 2 is Intentional Productivity. If it’s your first time here, you may also like one these cool freebies that will help you live an intentional life so you can make more time to do what you love.
Monthly Review Related Blog Posts
Monthly Reviews List
January 2021 Top 3 Ideas for a Monthly Review to stay focused
February 2021 An Effective Checklist for your Monthly Review
March 2021 How to use a checklist for a Monthly Review
April 2021 Powerful Affirmations: April 2021 Monthly Review
May 2021 Cultivate a Healthy Mindset (May 2021 Monthly Review)
June 2021 5 Tips to stay on track with your Goals: June 2021 review
July 2021 Better me month July 2021 review
August 2021 : 3 Tips to finish your year strong
September 2021 3 Simple Planning Tips: September 2021 Review
October 2021 Monthly Review
November 2021 Monthly Review
December 2021 Monthly Review
January 2022 Monthly Review
February 2022 Monthly Review